2011 photo calendar templates

Sharing these photo calendar templates has become a yearly tradition at Shutter Sisters. They are a great way to use your own photos to create a custom gift for the holidays. The calendars are compact, cute, and something you can easily print and assemble at home.

Click here to download the zipped Photoshop files.

The files include basic instructions for creating your custom calendar pages in Photoshop. Then just print them on some photo paper or cardstock and cut them out.

These templates are sized to fit in a cd jewel case, but they can also be fastened together with a binder clip and hung on the wall (see photo below). If you choose to use a cd jewel case, you’ll just need to carefully take apart the case and put it back together so that it stands up like the photo above.

I hope you enjoy creating your own photo calendar! Your friends and family will be thrilled to see something custom and handmade everyday. There’s nothing better than a gift made with love.

Comments

1. Margaret says

Has anyone make templates for doing a weekly planner? I made one last year for my sister – spiral bound, for her purse.

do you know i've been looking for ages for these? i gave a ton out last christmas and wanted to send some out again. so glad to finally have found it. thanks SO much!

Thank you so much for the template. Great idea! I'm making a bunch of calendars and sending them to my best clients and those who I'd like to become my best clients.

Oh, this is such a great idea! In fact, I just spent the last hour putting mine together when I was supposed to be getting work done – oops! :-) Thanks for the template!

5. suzanne says

Great idea and I am totally hooked on making these for family and friends this year!! It is easy to do and completely enslaving work!!
    Cheers,
    Suzanne x

Thanks- this was fun to put together! What font was used?? I'd love to add a little custom text to the cover and would like it to match… thanks!

7. Jane Packard says

Many thanks for this. I've been tring to figure out how to make my own one and came across this. It'll make my life so much easier. :-)

8. Deidra says

Thanks! This will be the perfect way to rotate through pictures on my husband's desk (and perhaps convince him to update the wedding picture, five years later).

9. Angisu says

Thanks so much for the template! I am so excited to find it. I bought your book for my friend who's into photography. Can't wait to give it to her at Christmas. Thanks for sharing.

10. Laura says

Help, I want to use this so bad and can't get it to download. When I try to open it says it is not supported, I'm not great with computers is there something I can do????? Thanks

I made the calendar and am trying to print them to the correct size but can't get it to work. i'm new to this…what are the dimensions each one should be? any hints? when i go to print, it prints it full size, tried having it printed at Sam's club and figured a 5×7 would be enough and i'd cut it down, well it turned out the size of a 5×7.

@caryn- when you get things printed often they'll scale things to the print size. So when you got it printed 5×7, they scaled up the image to that size. The easiest way to get them printed is to control the scaling yourself by providing an image that is the exact dimensions of the output print size. In photoshop, edit the canvas to make it a 5×7. You might need to color in white to additional areas that photoshop adds. Then you'll know exactly what your print will look like. I printed these at 5×7, then cut off 2" to wind up with a 5" square print. very nice!

THANK YOU for these! I downloaded about a month ago, and I just finished printing my calendars I'm giving my family for Christmas gifts. So easy, and they look so nice!

14. tara says

Hello – I love the calendar but I can't fit the all the pages into the cd jewel case under the 4 edge clips. Is there something that I am missing? I am using what seems to be regular weight matt paper. I can fit about 6 or 7 months of the calendar in but after that it is too tight. Thanks!

15. Mel Copeland says

Thank you so much for this, I was needing one more Christmas gift for the in laws and this totally fits the bill!!

Glad I found you again! I used your template last year for the 2010 calendar and made several that I gave to my favorite pet store, my vet, and a few other people. I used photos of cats we've taken at cat shows and some of our own kitties too. They turned out great. I added cat-related quotes for each picture; it was a lot of fun putting together quotes that fit the image. Thank you for providing the template!

17. Diane says

Thankyou, How very kind.
    P.S. I recieved the Shutter Sisters' "Expressive Photography" book for Christmas and I love it. I have also signed up for winter over at Big Picture.
    Diane

<a href=" http://www.replica-watches-onsale.com/Wholesale-piaget-watches_c1062&quot; title=" Piaget watches replica "> Piaget watches replica </a>
    <a href=" http://www.replica-watches-onsale.com/Wholesale-richard-mille-watches_c1126&quot; title=" Richard Mille watches replica "> Richard Mille watches replica </a>
    <a href=" http://www.replica-watches-onsale.com/Wholesale-rolex-watches_c1053&quot; title=" Rolex watches replica "> Rolex watches replica </a>
    <a href=" http://www.replica-watches-onsale.com/Wholesale-tag-heuer-watches_c1220&quot; title=" Tag Heuer watches replica "> Tag Heuer watches replica </a>
    <a href=" http://www.replica-watches-onsale.com/Wholesale-tudor-watches_c1108&quot; title=" Tudor watches replica "> Tudor watches replica </a>
    <a href="http://www.replica-watches-onsale.com/Wholesale-vacheron-constantin-watches_c1034&quot; title=" Vacheron Constantin watches replica "> Vacheron Constantin watches replica </a>
    <a href=" http://www.replica-watches-onsale.com/Wholesale-zenith-watches_c1102&quot; title=" Zenith watches replica "> Zenith watches replica </a>

19. Sue Young says

I am sorry I missed this BEFORE the end of 2010! Will there be templates for 2012 at some point to start creating for next time?

Thank you for the wonderful template.
    I have used it and created a free calendar for anyone to download, to help promote my site and give people a splash of colour.

Kind regards Ray

21. Nancy says

Heeeelllpp, if you can. I LOVE these calendars, and had no problem making them last year, or even this year, until I upgraded to PSE9. Is it me, or do they not work with PSE9? Everytime I try to drag a photo over the blue layer, the photo drops on top of the calendar area. I have deleted the older version of PSE, so I am unable to see if it is just my brain not functioning properly. What am I doing wrong? Any advice you might be able to give me would be greatly appreciated.
    Frustrated beyond reason,
    Nancy

22. tyler says

This is great for people who love handmade gifts(or printer made, between you and me) just dont tell them where you found it. :)

There are definitely lots of details like that to take into consideration. That is a nice point to bring up. I provide the ideas above as basic inspiration however clearly there are questions just like the one you carry up where a very powerful factor will probably be working in honest good faith. I don' know if finest practices have emerged round things like that, but I am certain that your job is clearly recognized as a fair game. Both girls and boys feel the affect of only a second's pleasure, for the remainder of their lives.