morning message

The other day, I was lying in bed listening to the screech of my alarm clock and thinking, “Why do I subject myself to this sadistic morning ritual?”.  It has to be the least peaceful way to start the day.  Add the mile long to-do list swirling in my head and it is no wonder that I am unmotivated each morning.

This is when I had one of those “light bulb” moments that I love so much.  I hopped out of bed and found my favorite book, Good Morning by Brook Noel.  For those unfamiliar with this book, it is a wonderful source of daily inspiration and affirmations.  Quickly creating a few of my own messages, I added one message to each day of the month in my iPhone calendar and set a wake up time and a monthly repeat pattern.

So on this beautiful morning, I greeted the day with a motivational message from myself and I am delighted.  It is the perfect compliment to morning coffee and puppy kisses.  I can’t wait to see what I have to say to myself tomorrow morning.  Until then, please share with me what is motivating you on this perfect day.

Comments

Oh, I really love this idea! In the past I have relied on The Daily Word or the Science of Mind daily affirmations, but often forget to go pick up the mag. to read them. This is perfect!

What motivates me to get up every morning (early) is the fact that it is nowhere near 100 degrees this early in the morning! AND my favorite quote, "The beginning is always today," Mary Wollstonecraft.

What got me up this morning was the ability to sit across the table from my husband and talk! (Instead of sleepily meandering out the door at the last possible minute.) It's the seemingly unimportant moments that make up life!

i love it! you're so cleveeeeeeeer! what got me up was the rain, for the first time in a month the sun was not beating down on my windows at 7pm and the temperature was 70, wow it's normally 86 at this time. i am lovin' it! of course i wore long sleeves lol it's still kinda cool to me =)

Tammy I LOVE this! What a brilliant idea…you could create an iPhone app that has little notes like this sent to you everyday!

I had a similar experience recently…I was simply waking up, rolling out of bed, plopping down at my computer and starting my workday. But it was really draining me, so I started waking up an hour earlier for a little me time. I go for a 30 minute walk, listening to music as I do, then come back to make tea or coffee, enjoy breakfast peacefully, all before anyone else is awake. It is the perfect way to start my day, but I may need to add your idea to the mix!

xo

5. yzzilyzzid says

I do something similar with my iPhone. I use it as my alarm clock, and recently discovered that you can change the label on each individual alarm to read whatever text you want. Mine is reworded slightly from one of my favorite Bible verses, Psalm 118:24… loosely, "this is the day the Lord has made. Rejoice! and be glad in it." Definitely something I need to be reminded of at 5:30 am. :)

A lovely idea! I have never heard of this book before, just hopped onto Amazon and am adding this one to my "must buy" list. Last year I created 365 colored index card, each with a favorite quote copied from all my journals collected over the years. It's been such a joy to wake up each morning and turn to the next "quote card". I've always believed the more beauty we can invite into our lives, the more beautiful our lives will be.