RadLab by Totally Rad – True Awesomeness

mouse over to see the before ‘RadLabified’ and Texturized image

Today, I’m super pumped to share a little video review of Totally Rad’s new Photoshop plug-in, Rad Lab! If you’ve used their actions or presets, you already know that Totally Rad is amazing! But, Rad Lab is BEYOND amazing.

‘RadLab is a revolutionary new way to style your photos.  Unlike using Photoshop actions, RadLab allows you to get instant previews of how your image will change.  You can layer together effects, called Stylets, in infinite ways, and customize your Recipes with simple, intuitive sliders.  RadLab comes with 78 Stylets for you to use, and operates as a plugin for Adobe Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.’

It’s seriously sock-dropping stuff, my friends!

Please take a moment to check out my little vid… then run on over to Totally Rad and check it out!!

I processed today’s image in RadLab and then added a little texture to seal the deal.
I just can’t help myself! I’m a texture addict!

How ’bout your? Have you been doing any creative processing lately? Maybe you’ve tried something new, or just changed things up a little. Share with us today!  We’d love to see.

…..

p.s. Don’t forget that we are giving away one $100 Paper Coterie gift card EVERY SINGLE DAY of September! Is that not awesome? Share a comment each day before midnight EST for a chance to win that day’s random drawing. Be sure to leave links to your story shots!!
Soooo exciting!!

Comments

I have heard of Totally Rad actions but have yet to try them. One day. The Brownie really looks like a piece of art with your texture and action applied though. What a difference. My shots seem to end up being snap shotish but for me they are telling a story. This one was watching my girlfriends kids while they went out for their anniversary. All kids that come to our home want to ride something down our driveway because it is so.much.fun! I make them wear helmets because I am all safe like that lol :) They will play on that hill for hours!

I still haven't messed with textures or treatments. I think I'm hesitating because I know I will get completely absorbed in it and I just don't have the time to devote to it just yet. But I know I'll give in eventually….

3. Debbie Ealer says

Whoah comments were spammed eh,that ones crazy!! Cant wait to check it out tonight when im home :D love your talents!! LOVE you xo

4. Nanette says

Thank you, Kim! Your videos are always so clear and make me dare to try things I never would otherwise. I had been looking at Radlab but was afraid I wouldn't be able to figure it out. Now I am going to go for it! So excited!! Thanks again! <3

OMG! I've been so excited about RadLab, since I heard it will work for Elements! Now, I just have to save to get it! :)
    Thanks for the tutorial Kim! I can't wait to play.

6. chris says

Love the Totally Rad actions. This looks interesting….but I have gotten away from using actions as much in my processing. If i was just starting out again, this would be great!

7. Terri Porter says

Kim, I watched the video on the Totally Rad website and was tempted, but not completely sold. You have changed that! Your demonstration was wonderful! Thank you so much for creating it. I'm off to order RadLab!

Holy moly, Kim!!! Thanks for the introduction to RadLab and the great tutorial!!!

I REALLY need to win the lottery :~) I want to join NAPP, upgrade to CS5, buy OnOne's Mask Pro and now RadLab, not to mention buy myself a Flickr Pro account!!!!!! It never ends :~)

Here's a question~~once you've applied a Stylet to a photo and reopened it in PS, can you go back into RadLab and make any changes? (if that makes sense)

9. Isabel B says

I am just starting to experiment with textures thanks to iPhoneography. Sometimes, a dull photo can be made into an image with many layers with textures. I will definitely try these. Thanks for posting!

10. Erika (gashuttergirl) says

This looks amazing. Thanks, Kim, for sharing the video. I haven't done anything with actions or anything like that – I am still learning textures – but this looks like lots of fun.

Kim, I love your blog. I would buy this if I were a little more solvent. I want you to teach us how to do it all and I would rather pay you $100 a year to do it.

Wow Kim, your vid totally sold me on this. {now I just need to check under the cushions for some spare change} I was skeptical until I saw it in action. Awesome. And it reminds me of some of the photo apps on my iPhone. So quick and easy to use to transform an image, that's why I've fallen in love with iphoneography recently. So quick and easy to take and process photos.
    Thanks for sharing this.

13. Jeanine says

Thank you so much for this introduction to RadLab. I am going to have to do something great or long overdue and then reward myself with that!!

14. Peggy says

I would love to try this but Ive never tried actions yet. I'm just getting used to working in Photoshop. Thanks for the great video.

15. brigid says

almost no creative process happening. at least in the realm of photography. need inspiration today thanks you always help me with that!

16. Kathleen127 says

Thanks Kim, your video was so easy to follow. Radlab is awesome!!! Love all your creative works!! I am having so much fun with textures.

Kathleen127