Welcome to the #TravelingLensProject!
Brought to you in partnership with our friends at Lensbaby, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Lens brings the newly released LM-10 mobile lens to 30 photographers that span the globe. How fun is that? The intention is to of give this Traveling Lens the trip of a lifetime all the while inspiring and delighting each of the photographers along the way. We’ll also share the adventure with you by showcasing the images captured at each stop of the journey. We gushed about it on our announcement blog post.
So, who are these 30 photographers? One of them could be you.
Want to play along with The Sisterhood of the Traveling Lens with the Lensbaby LM-10? Yay! Here’s how:
First, just submit a few images via Instagram to tell us you’re interested. They can be new images or some from your archives and they must be shared on your Instagram account. We are only taking submissions for this project through Instagram. We’re looking for shots that capture the essence of travel, adventure or exploration. The visual interpretation of the theme is up to you. Be as creative as you’d like with the images you submit. Feel free to submit 1-10 images.
Second, hashtag your images with the project hashtag #travelinglensproject AND add the city, state, country where you’re located. Your location is important for this project.
Can guys participate? Heck yes! The Brotherhood of the Traveling Lens has a nice ring to it too! We wouldn’t have it any other way.
We’ll be taking submissions from 9/17-9/22. The project will run for approx 6 weeks.
The Selection Process
On 9/23 we will select 30 participants from the submissions that span the globe. If you are selected to participate, we will contact you via the Shutter Sisters Instagram account via private message on or around 9/24. So, keep your eye on your IG message box.
The Fine Print
Please read through these before you submit your images.
- When shooting with the Lensbaby LM-1o for this project, you’ll need to run the free app that goes with it. The app is compatible with the iPhone 4s, 5, 5s, 5c running iOS7 (or soon-coming 8) and most Android phones that are running Jelly Bean 4.1-4.4 or any version of Kit Kat.
- To use the Lensbaby LM-10 there is a small stainless steel ring that must fit around your camera’s lens. This ring is compatible with most phones. Disclaimer: we’re not 100% sure about the iPhone 6 or 6+ yet.
- You need to have an Instagram account as this a primarily and Instagram project. If your account is private, you must be OK with us sharing some of your images publicly.
- The lens you receive for this project will be yours to use and shoot with for a week. Then, you agree to pass the lens to the next participant. The shipping costs will be taken care of.
- You will agree to share 2-10 images shot with the lens to be featured on any/all of Shutter Sisters, Our Collective and/or Lensbaby’s social media platforms, keeping in mind that you will be properly credited whenever/wherever the image is featured.
If you don’t meet all of the project’s requirements, or you don’t get selected this time, don’t worry, you can still participate by tracking the journey of the Traveling Lens by following the hashtag #travelinglensproject and watching for updates here at Shutter Sisters. And there’s always the next adventure to consider. Oh yes, there will be a next adventure, we promise.
“Certainly travel is more than seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on deep and permanent in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard